With our VideoAsk iOS app, you can create new content and keep up-to-date with your latest interactions when you're on the go.
The VideoAsk iOS app acts as a companion to our more robust web-based platform. It allows you to check in on what's new when you're away from your computer, create videoasks on the go, and send replies to your respondents via video.
It's especially useful if you have a live call answer type set up on one of your videoasks as it allows you to answer calls from respondents directly from your iPhone or tablet.
Its functionalities somewhat differ from both the web platform and the Android app. Keep reading to learn more about making the most of the VideoAsk iOS app.
Create a videoask on the iOS app
1. Log in to your VideoAsk account.
2. Tap the + sign in the top right corner of the screen.
3. Select which folder you want your videoask to live in.
4. Before you can record, you’ll be prompted to give VideoAsk permission to use your camera and microphone. Tap OK.
5. If you need some help remembering what you want to say in your video, toggle on Notes and jot down a script or outline.
Remember to make eye contact with the camera. 👀 When you’re ready, tap the red circle to start recording.
Note: You also have the option to upload a video you've recorded outside of VideoAsk. Files must be in .mp4, .mov, or .webm format and no larger than 2 GB.
6. You'll have up to 5 minutes to record your video message. Tap the red circle to stop recording.
7. You’ll get the chance to preview your video footage. To save it and proceed, hit Yes. To re-record, hit No.
8. If you'd like to add overlay text on top of your video, type it into the Overlay text box.
9. Now it’s time to select an answer type for this step of your videoask. Each step can only have one answer type (i.e., Open Ended or Multiple Choice, but not both).
By default, each new step will use the Open Ended answer type. Scroll right to see all the answer types available.
Here, we've picked the calendar answer type.
10. When you've selected an answer type, tap Continue.
Note: After you've chosen an answer type for your videoask step, it's not possible to change this on the iOS app. Head to our web-based platform from your browser if you'd like to change the answer type.
11. Now you'll have the option to give your videoask a name, remove VideoAsk branding (if you're on the brand plan or above), decide whether to collect respondents' contact details, choose the videoask language, and customize your videoask colors.
When you're happy with your settings, click Create.
12. And that's it! You can create a multi-step videoask by clicking + Add more steps. Click Share to send it out to respondents straight away, or click Done to finish up.
Select it to make any edits, view your responses, and reply to respondents.
Edit your videoask on the iOS app
1. Choose the videoask you'd like to edit.
2. Hit the Settings icon in the top right corner of the screen.
3. Explore the General, Thumbnail, and Advanced settings options for your videoask.
Create a new folder on the iOS app
1. Click the + sign in the top right corner of the screen.
2. Then click New Folder.
3. Give your folder a name, and click Create Folder.
Share your videoask from the iOS app
1. Select the videoask you want to share and hit Share button.
2. Choose your preferred method and get sharing.
Note: Before sharing your videoask via email, make sure your email account is connected to your native iPhone Mail app.
Add variables to your videoask on the iOS app
If you're on a paid plan, you can create custom variables to track just about anything.
1. Select the videoask you want to add variables to from the home screen.
2. Click Share.
3. Click Share your videoask link.
4. Click the Add variables to this link button.
5. Select Add custom variable.
6. Enter your Variable and Value.
In our example, we'll enter source as our Variable and facebook as the Value.
7. Click Save.
8. You'll now see the variable added to the URL. When we share the URL on Facebook and someone responds to the videoask, Facebook will now appear with their response.
9. When you're ready to share your videoask, click the Share Now button and choose your preferred method of sharing.
View your responses on the iOS app
1. From the Home screen, select the videoask you'd like to view the responses for.
2. Responses you've received will appear in your inbox. Tap the response you'd like to view.
3. To view responses to a multi-step videoask, use the scroll bar at the bottom and swipe left to view the answers.
4. The step number and step title or transcript will be visible at the bottom of the response so you can easily remember what this step is about.
Filter responses on the iOS app
1. From your Home screen, select the videoask with responses you'd like to filter.
2. Tap Filters.
3. Toggle on one or more filters and select any tags from the dropdown list.
4. Tap Apply to view responses.
5. Now your inbox will only display conversations with the filters you selected.
6. To remove filters, select Clear all.
Reply to a respondent on the iOS app
1. Choose the videoask where the response is that you want to reply to.
2. Tap the response you'd like to reply to.
3. Tap Reply.
4. Choose whether you'd like to reply via video, audio, or email.
Note: If you've collected your respondent's phone number, you'll also have the option of replying by text message or calling them directly.
5. Send your reply and get the conversation flowing.
💡Pro tip: Your reply may take a moment to upload, depending on the speed of your connection. You can tap the back arrow on the top left-hand corner to move on to other tasks within the VideoAsk app while your reply uploads.
You can also check the status of your replies by clicking Pending Uploads on the Home screen.