If you've created more than a handful of videoasks with your team members, you may have noticed that things can start getting a little hectic!
Luckily, you can organize your videoasks into folders and restrict who can access each folder to keep things nice and tidy. 👌
Organize videoasks into folders
1. To create a new folder, click + New folder in the left side bar.
2. Give your folder a name and click Create.
3. Your new folder will now appear in the left sidebar above your videoasks.
Add videoasks to your new folder by clicking on the three dots on a videoask, and selecting Move to folder.
When you create a new videoask, you'll be prompted to select which folder to add it to. If you don't select a folder, your videoask will live in the Default folder. If a videoask is in your Default folder, then anyone in your Organization can access it, edit it, or delete it.
4. Add as many videoasks as you want to the folder. To see all the videoasks in a folder, click the folder to open the gallery of videoasks on the right.
You can create as many folders as needed for different teams and projects. Bear in mind when grouping videoasks into folders, you can control the permissions of your Organization on a folder-by-folder basis.
Rename a folder
1. Click the three vertical dots next to the folder to open its menu.
2. Select Rename folder.
3. Enter the new name and click Rename.
Manage folder permissions
If you have multiple clients or projects you're managing as part of the same Team, you may want to restrict which videoasks team members can access.
1. To do so, click the three verticle dots (⋮) next to the folder name and select Set permissions.
2. Here you'll see a list of all current members of your team. If someone is an Admin they'll automatically have access to all folders. If they're a team member, they can be granted access on a per-folder basis. Toggle on access to this folder for any desired team members.
3. Choose whether to grant Read or Write access. Then click Save.
Read access = team member can view videoask and interactions associated with it, but can't make any edits, delete or reply to the videoask.
Write access = team member can view the videoask and interactions associated with it, and can also reply to respondents, make edits and delete the videoask.
Note: Members with Write access permissions can't make edits to a brand. Only Owners and Admins have permission to create and edit brands.
Manage team access for all folders
You can set folder permissions when you invite team members to the Organization, and update the permissions at any time.
1. Click the Account & Org settings icon to open the user menu.
2. Select Team.
3. By default, each team member will have access to all content. To restrict access to specific folders, select Specific folders.
4. Toggle the permissions for each folder on/off as desired.
⚠️ Important: All videoasks in the Default folder can be viewed, edited, and deleted by all team members in the organization, no matter what permissions you have set up.
If you would like to restrict access to videoasks currently located in your Default folder, you will need to add each of these videoasks to a folder and set up permissions accordingly for that particular folder.
5. Set Read/Write permissions for each folder.
6. When finished, click Done.
Invite new team members with restricted folder access
1. Click the + person icon.
2. Enter the new team member's email address and select Specific folders.
3. Toggle folders on/off to give or remove access.
4. Set the Read/Write permissions and click Invite. This will add your new team member to your Organization, where they'll only see the videoasks and responses in the folders they have been granted access to.