Adding multiple steps to your videoask is a useful way to collect multiple video responses to different questions, create funnels, or collect different types of information from your respondents.
In VideoAsk a question is called a step. If you're on a paid plan, you can add as many steps to your videoask as you want. Without logic, they will have a linear flow like this:
💡Pro tip: Using multiple steps in your videoask gives you more options of where to display a contact form. Contact forms sit between steps and can be enabled on more than one step (this is useful if you want to display a contact form depending on respondent behavior).
Add multiple steps to your videoask
1. Log in to your VideoAsk account and select the videoask you want to edit. Click Build to open your videoask builder.
2. There are a couple of different ways to add additional steps to your videoask:
Before or after any step, you can click the + icon:
Our builder is interactive, so you can click and drag a node to create a new step:
You can also select an answer type from the left side menu. Then drag and drop it over any + icons. Flashing green dots will appear to indicate where you can drop a step.
Note: Some answer types are only available on paid plans.
3. If you're using a multiple-choice or NPS® answer type, you'll be prompted to choose the logic when people answer this step.
Select the desired options and click Continue.
(This logic can always be updated later, so don't fret if you're not sure what flow you're after yet!)
4. Now let's look at the standard step creation process, starting with selecting your video footage source:
💡Tip: If you're not ready to record your video just yet, click Add video later. A placeholder video will be used and you'll be able to add or record your video at a later time.
5. Once you have selected or recorded your video and entered any desired overlay text, click Continue.
7. Next it's time to select an answer type. By default, the answer type will be set to Open Ended. If you'd like to use a different answer type, select it from the dropdown menu.
8. Nice job! You've added another step to your videoask. Rinse and repeat until you’ve created the desired flow for your videoask...
Delete a videoask step
If you want to delete a single step from a multi-step videoask, here's how:
1. Log in to your VideoAsk account and select the videoask you want to edit from the left sidebar. Click Build to open your videoask builder.
2. Select the step you want to delete.
3. Click the trash can icon in the upper right-hand corner of the sidebar.
4. Confirm you really want to delete the step (and all the answers associated with it) by typing the prompted text into the box and clicking Yes, delete it. Remember, there's no going back!
If there haven't yet been any responses to the step, you won't need to type in the verification text and you'll simply be able to click Yes, delete it.
5. And it's gone!
Note: You can also delete an entire videoask, a folder, and responses to a videoask.
See what the videoask we used in the images above looks like for respondents:
Note: The above videoask is set to preview mode. This means your answers won't be submitted.
💡Tip: You'll find this videoask and more in the templates area of your VideoAsk account.