Looking to jump-start the creation process? Though it's always fun to build videoasks from scratch, templates are a handy way to speed things up and get inspired. Use one of ours or create one for your team!
Our ever-growing collection of templates is available on every plan. You can use them as a guide for your own videoask flow by replacing the videos with your own, or just scope them out for inspiration.
Use a VideoAsk template
1. From your VideoAsk account, click + New videoask in the left-hand sidebar.
2. Select Explore templates.
3. Click on a template to get an overview of what it's about.
4. Hit Preview to open the template in preview mode. Try it out for yourself and decide if you'd like to use it.
5. Scroll down to see which VideoAsk features have been used in the flow and click the links for step-by-step guides on how to use each feature.
6. When you've decided you want to use the template, click Use this template.
You'll be taken directly to the builder area of the copied template where you can go ahead and make any edits (check out the section below for help with that 😉) and swap out the template videos for your own.
When you click out of the builder, you'll find the template in your Default folder.
If you've already created folders, you can move the copied template into your desired folder.
Edit a template
1. Now that you've duplicated a template, click on the videoask, then select Build.
2. Click the videoask name to change it.
Any changes you make will be automatically saved.
3. Click a step to edit it.
💡Tip: You can also hover over a step and click Video, Answer, or Logic for a sidebar shortcut to edit a step.
4. In the Answer tab you can change the answer type for that step.
5. Go to the Video tab and click Replace to upload or record your own video for this step.
You can also manage the Overlay text to suit your use case from here.
If you record a new video, the script for this step will automatically display to make it easier to remember what to say (but you can delete or edit this as you please).
7. Select the Contact form icon.
Here you can configure the contact form and choose where it will appear in your videoask flow.
8. To customize your videoask, open its Settings.
Create your own template
If you or your team will be using the same videoask structure a lot, creating your own template can be an efficient way to create many forms without repeating the same work.
1. Create a multi-step videoask you're happy with.
💡 Tip: When you create your template, make sure to use step titles to make it clear to your clients or teammates what each step of the template is all about.
2. Once you're happy with your videoask, make sure to name it and store it someplace where it's clear this is a template and not a videoask for receiving responses!
If you'll be storing your templates in a folder, make sure your team members have access to this folder so they can also use it.
3. When you're ready to use your template to create a new videoask, click the three vertical dots on the videoask.
4. Select Duplicate...
...then select which folder to store your new videoask in and you're good to go! 🤗