Use videoask to create an interactive sign-up form and automatically enroll users in your Thinkific course with Zapier. When you receive a new response to your videoask, this will trigger a Zap in Zapier to enroll the student in Thinkific. In this guide, we’ll walk you through how to set up this automation.
In case you’re new to Thinkific, it’s a platform where you can create, market, and sell your own online courses all in one place. Learn more about Thinkific here.
Before we get started, here’s what you’ll need to set up this workflow.
- A VideoAsk account
- A Thinkific account with API access
- A Zapier account
Note: Free plans are available for the tools listed above, but you’ll need a Thinkific plan that has API access to use this automation. Check out Thinkific’s pricing page to see which plan includes API access.
1. From your VideoAsk account, select the videoask you would like to connect to Thinkific via Zapier.
2. Click the Connect to other apps icon.
3. Scroll down the list of integrations until you see Thinkific by Zapier. Click Connect.
4. Choose the correct options for your workflow from the dropdown lists.
In our case, when we receive a New Response (From Respondent) in VideoAsk, we want to automatically Enroll user in our course on Thinkific.
5. Click Connect VideoAsk + Thinkific.
6. If you’re not already logged in, you’ll be prompted to log into your Zapier account. If you’ve never used Zapier before, you can sign up for a free account.
7. Give your Zap a name in the top left corner. A Zap is the name Zapier uses to refer to an automated workflow.
8. Click the Trigger box.
9. Select the VideoAsk account where the videoask you want to connect is located, or click Connect a new account and follow the instructions.
10. Click Continue.
11. If you’re a team member in more than one VideoAsk Organization, choose the one where the videoask you want to connect is located.
12. Choose the videoask you'd like to connect to Thinkific (you can use the search bar instead of scrolling).
13. Click Continue.
14. Click Test trigger to check everything is working as expected so far.
15. If the test data looks accurate, click Continue.
16. Click Sign in to connect your Thinkific account to Zapier.
17. A pop-up will appear asking you to allow Zapier access to your Thinkific account. Enter your Thinkific API key and Subdomain to connect Thinkific with Zapier. (Instructions to locate your API key and Subdomain can be found in the pop-up).
18. Click Yes, Continue.
19. Click Continue.
20. In the Products field, select the course or bundle to enroll the user in.
21. Select the First Name, Last Name and Email from the dropdowns. These are required fields–information can be pulled from the contact form in your videoask.
Note: Currently the contact form in VideoAsk collects the respondent’s name in one field. You’ll need to supply both the First Name and Last Name fields in this step.
If you choose the VideoAsk Contact Name for both, this means that the enrolled user’s names will appear doubled on your list of users/students.
22. Decide on what other information you would like to include to enroll your user. Click Continue when you’re finished.
23. Click Test action. This will send an example user to Thinkific.
24. Check your users in Thinkific to confirm a new user has been enrolled. If everything’s working as expected, click Publish Zap.
Your Zap is all set up! Now every time you receive a response to your videoask, it’ll enroll the user in your course on Thinkific. 📚
You’ll be able to send a direct message to students in VideoAsk to start a new conversation and ask them if they have any feedback or if they can provide a testimonial after they’ve completed a course.
Want more ways to use VideoAsk and Thinkific together? Use Zapier to create a contact in VideoAsk when one of the following happens in Thinkific:
- When a new user is created.
- When a subscription is canceled.
- When a course is completed.
- When a lesson is completed.
⚡️ Check out some other popular workflows using VideoAsk and Zapier.