Make Tweeting a breeze by automatically posting videoask responses on Twitter. In this guide, we’ll walk you through how to automate this workflow by using Zapier.
Here’s what you’ll need to set up this workflow:
- A VideoAsk account
- A Twitter account
- A Zapier account
Note: Free plans are available for all these tools.
Looking for more ways to automate your workflow? Check out some of our most popular VideoAsk and Zapier flows.
⚠️ Important: Before starting, make sure to set all interactions as shareable so people are able to view the responses.
1. From your VideoAsk account, select the videoask you want to connect to Twitter via Zapier.
2. Click the Connect to other apps icon.
3. Scroll down the list of integrations until you see Twitter by Zapier. Click Connect.
4. Click Try this template.
5. If you’re not already logged in, you’ll be prompted to sign in to your Zapier account. If you’ve never used Zapier before, you can sign up for a free account.
6. Click Get started.
7. Choose the VideoAsk account you want to connect, and click Next.
8. If you’re part of more than one VideoAsk Organization, select the one with the videoask you want to connect to Twitter, and click Next.
9. Choose the videoask you’d like to connect to Twitter (you can use the search bar instead of scrolling), then click Next.
10. Connect your Twitter account by clicking Connect.
11. A pop-up will appear asking if you want to let Zapier access your Twitter account. If you’re happy to, click Yes, Continue.
12. If you’re not already logged in to your Twitter account, you’ll be prompted to log in and click Authorize app.
13. Back in Zapier, click Next to continue connecting Zapier with Twitter.
14. Map fields from VideoAsk into Twitter.
Compose your message (this is a required field) and select the data you’d like to add from VideoAsk to your Tweet.
Click in the Message field to see a dropdown list of all the data you can add. Make sure there's a line break between your message and the data you select.
Choose Question Share URL from the list to Tweet your videoask response.
15. When you’re happy with the setup, click Next.
16. Click Send Test.
Note: This will post a Tweet to your profile. You can delete the Tweet from your Twitter account if you’d like.
17. If everything’s working as expected, click Next.
18. To activate the workflow, click Turn on Zap.
Your zap is all set up! 🎉 Now every time you receive a response to this videoask, a new Tweet will be posted on your profile.
When someone clicks the generated thumbnail on your Tweet, they’ll be directed to a new window or tab to view the response.
💡Tip: Give your Zap a name in Zapier to help keep your Zaps organized.
🗣 Take a look at our Community Guide on how to send your team a random question automatically for some inspiration!