If you'd like to add a "call us" button to your videoask, you absolutely can with a little bit of help from Make. 📞
Remember, you also have the option to use our Live Call feature that's built directly into VideoAsk.
Note: A Make account is required (free plans are available).
This flow works best if your respondents are responding on a mobile device. If you're not sure whether your respondents will be using desktop or mobile to respond, why not create an email button too to give them the option to choose how to get in touch?
Try it out for yourself below:
⚠️ Important: If users are answering from a desktop, they must have an app set up that allows them to make calls for this flow to work correctly.
Note: This is an example videoask and your call will not connect to a real phone line. If you'd like to contact our Support team, hit the Videoask us button at the bottom of this page.
Like the look of this? Let's get started!
Add the webhook to your videoask
Create your videoask
First things first, you'll need to create your videoask and make sure to include a button or Multiple Choice answer type on the step where you'd like to redirect your customers to call you.
In our example, we've created a very simple single-step videoask with a button labeled "Call us".
If you're new to VideoAsk, check out how to create your first videoask.
Get a webhook from Make
1. From inside your Make account, click Create a new scenario in the top right-hand corner of your screen.
2. Click the + sign in the center of the page.
3. Choose Webhooks from the dropdown menu (you can type it in the search bar, no need to scroll).
4. Choose Custom webhook from the options that appear.
5. Select Add.
6. Click Save.
7. Click Copy address to clipboard.
8. Then click OK.
Add the webhook to your videoask
1. In the videoask builder, select the step where you've created a button or multiple-choice answer type for your respondents to call you.
2. Click the Logic tab in the right-hand sidebar.
3. Click If A jump to → (or the corresponding letter if you've opted for a multiple choice answer type).
4. Paste the webhook address you just copied from Make into the Redirect to URL box.
5. Click Save.
Add your phone number in Make
1. Now we're heading back to Make to add another webhook. Click on the + sign to Add another module.
2. Select Webhooks.
3. Click Webhook response.
4. Change the Status to 301.
5. Toggle on Show advanced settings.
6. Click Add item in the Custom headers box.
7. Type Location in the Key box and type tel: followed by your phone number in the Value box, then click OK.
8. Hit the Save icon at the bottom of the screen.
9. And that's it! Toggle the Schedule button to On in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen and then test out your videoask to check everything is working as expected.
Note: If you've been testing out your flow while setting things up, your browser might not recognize the newest version because it "remembers" the previous version. If you receive an error message, try adding the following parameter to the end of your videoask URL. This will make sure the browser views it as a new URL, so it won't cache any errors that might have occurred during your testing:
Find out more about how you can use Make in your VideoAsk flow.