If you use Intercom to chat with site visitors, you can enhance these interactions by inserting a videoask into any of your conversations.
Once you install the VideoAsk app in Intercom, you'll be able to use any of your videoasks as an in-app auto message, as a reply in conversations, as a bot follow-up action, or to your messenger home.
Install the VideoAsk App
1. Search for VideoAsk in the Intercom app store.
2. Click Install now.
3. Click Authorize access.
4. Click Accept.
5. That's it! The VideoAsk app is installed! Now you can select where you want to use it:
Note: To change which VideoAsk account is connected to your Intercom VideoAsk app, uninstall and reinstall the app.
Use a videoask in your Intercom messenger
1. Click Add apps to your Messenger.
2. Click Add an app.
3. Select VideoAsk.
4. Select Create a new block.
5. You'll now see your videoasks listed. Select a videoask to use in this block.
Note: If you see a "no forms" message and you're a team member in an organization where the videoask was shared with you, make sure you've connected the VideoAsk account that owns the videoask you're looking for.
6. If you'd like to pass known information (such as contact details) from Intercom to your VideoAsk response, then map it here:
Note: Mapping contact fields requires that you enable the contact form in your videoask.
7. When finished, click Next.
8. Give the block a title, subtitle, customize the button text and choose whether to save this block for later use. Then click Insert block.
9. Click Save and set live.
10. Test your block by activating your Intercom Messenger on your website. Your VideoAsk block will display with the call to action:
Now when visitors click this block, they can view and complete your videoask from within the Intercom Messenger:
Use a videoask in Intercom conversations
1. Now that you've installed the VideoAsk app, it will appear at the bottom of each conversation as an answer block option. Click the VideoAsk logo to add a videoask to your conversation.
2. Click Create a new block.
3. Select which videoask you would like to send.
4. If you'd like to pass contact information from Intercom to your videoask, map it here and click Next.
5. Give your block a title, subtitle, customize the button text and choose whether to save the block for later use. Then click Insert block.
6. You can add any additional text to your response message before sending the videoask. When ready, click Send.
7. In the Intercom chat, your visitor will now see your message with the button prompt to start the videoask:
8. When the call to action is clicked, the videoask will open and can be completed from within the Messenger chat.
A summary of form responses will appear in the agent's Intercom conversation, with a link to view the entire interaction in VideoAsk:
In your VideoAsk inbox, the responses you receive using Intercom blocks will automatically appear with the Intercom conversation and user ids in the interaction information:
Add a videoask to a custom bot flow
You can add a videoask to an Intercom custom bot where messenger apps are allowed (From a button and From new conversations).
1. In the Operator, click New Custom Bot.
2. Click Add a messenger app.
3. Select VideoAsk.
4. Click Create a new block and proceed through the setup process as documented above.
5. When finished, click Insert block.
6. Your videoask will now automatically display following the rules you have set for your custom bot. When finished, click Save and close or Set live.