Looking to collect contact information, testimonials, or process other types of customer data?
Making sure you get consent before processing or sharing customer data is an essential part of doing business.
While VideoAsk itself is fully GDPR compliant, there are many other privacy considerations to take into account when asking respondents to share feedback, record videos, or leave their contact information.
To comply with privacy laws and make it really clear to respondents how you will (or will not) be managing their data, you can enable a consent checkbox in your contact forms. When you do so, you'll be able to update the consent text with your own terms and conditions as well as hyperlinking to other resources or reference materials.
You can also add a note to your contact form, which will be visible to respondents. This could be a disclaimer, footnote, fine print, or any extra information necessary to your use case. You can use the note feature in conjunction with the consent checkbox or without enabling the consent checkbox.
Ask for consent on the contact form
1. Log in to your VideoAsk account and select the videoask you want to edit. Click Build to open the videoask builder.
2. Click the Contact form icon.
3. Next to Ask for consent, click the eye icon to enable the consent field.
4. Click the * icon if you want to make your consent checkbox required.
5. Then, make sure to Customize the consent text to fit your specific use case.
If you'd like to add a hyperlink to your consent text, you can use the following HTML code:
<a href="YOUR_URL">LINK TEXT</a>
Example: <a href="https://www.videoask.com/legal">read more here</a>
6. If you want to add additional text to your contact form, click the eye icon next to Add note to enable the note field.
Note: You can enable the Add note field without enabling the consent checkbox if you wish.
7. In the text box below Customize note, add any text to fit your specific use case.
8. Now, when someone completes your contact form they'll have the option to give consent to your terms and conditions before proceeding.
💡 Pro Tip: You can choose to place your contact form anywhere (or in multiple locations) throughout your videoask flow. We recommend that you collect this information before any steps where respondents can give an answer you'd like to reply to or have consent for. This way, you'll be sure to have consent and avoid "Anonymous" answers to your videoask.
If you'd like to just ask for consent without also collecting contact information, you can do that too! The consent form will appear in the videoask like this (note that in this example, the contact form prompt has been modified):
If someone does NOT give consent, they will not be able to continue to the next step in your videoask.
Once someone answers your videoask, you'll see a green checkmark next to the contact details in your inbox if the respondent has given consent.
This information will also be visible when you export answers to a .csv or .xlsx file. If enabled, the consent field will create a new column in your spreadsheet, and you'll see TRUE marked where consent was given.