Each videoask you create and every video or audio answer you receive automatically generates a transcript. While we do the best we can to make these as accurate as possible, sometimes things can still get a little funky. 😅
Use our caption or transcript editor to fix any errors or to add additional captions to your videos.
Watch the video below or keep reading for a more in-depth guide. ⬇️
Edit the captions of your videoask
1. Log in to your VideoAsk account and select the videoask you want to edit. Go to Build to open the videoask builder.
2. Click a step to edit it.
3. Go to the Video tab.
4. Click the CC icon to Edit video captions.
5. Your captions will automatically be broken down into segments based on the video time stamp. Click to edit the start/end time or text of each caption segment.
6. Delete any unnecessary caption segments.
7. To add a new line of captions, click Add Caption +.
8. Edit the caption text and time stamp where you want this caption to appear.
9. When you're happy with your edits, click Save changes.
10. To revert your captions back to those generated from the original transcript, click Re-generate from the transcript.
Note: This feature was released August 24, 2020. Any transcriptions for videos created prior to this date will not generate captions. You can choose to create your own captions from scratch, or simply download and re-upload your video to trigger the transcription to be generated.
Edit the transcript of a response
The transcript of any audio or video response you receive can be edited. However, bear in mind that respondent transcripts are used to search interactions. If you remove a keyword from a respondent transcript, that interaction will no longer display for that search term.
1. In your videoask inbox, select a response. Then click the transcript icon to View Transcript of the video or audio response.
2. Click Edit Words.
3. Click a word to edit it and be sure to click Save Changes when you're done.
Note: You can only update existing words, you cannot delete or add words to the transcription.
💡 Tip: Currently, it's not possible to download transcriptions directly from your videoask. As a workaround, you can copy the text from transcriptions and paste it elsewhere.
You'll then be able to reference your transcribed responses at any time or copy the text in bulk to use elsewhere.