Stay up to date with your videoask responses by receiving an SMS message for every new response you get. With Zapier, you can create this workflow to send yourself an SMS message with a link to view responses on your mobile browser.
In your Zapier account, you can connect SMS by Zapier to thousands of other apps to automate your work. SMS by Zapier uses a built-in phone number you can use to send SMS/text messages to your phone number.
Note: Currently, you can only send SMS/text messages to US or UK phone numbers.
Here’s what you’ll need to set up this integration:
- A VideoAsk account
- A Zapier account
Note: Free plans are available for these tools.
⚠️ Important: Before starting, make sure you set all interactions as shareable so you’re able to view the responses on your mobile device.
1. From your VideoAsk account, select the videoask you want to connect to Zapier.
2. Click Connect to other apps.
3. Scroll down the list of integrations until you see Zapier SMS by Zapier. Click Connect.
4. Click Try this template.
5. If you’re not already logged in, you’ll be prompted to log into your Zapier account. If you’ve never used Zapier before, you can sign up for a free account.
6. Give your Zap a name in the top left corner. A Zap is the name Zapier uses to refer to an automated workflow.
7. Click the Trigger box.
8. Select the VideoAsk account where the videoask you want to connect is located, or click Connect a new account and follow the instructions.
9. Click Continue.
10. If you’re a team member in more than one VideoAsk Organization, choose the one where the videoask you want to connect is located.
11. Choose the videoask you’d like connect (you can use the search bar instead of scrolling).
12. Click Continue.
13. Click Test trigger to check everything is working as expected so far.
14. If the test data looks accurate, click Continue.
15. In the Action box, click Sign in under Choose account.
16. A pop-up will appear asking if you want to allow Zapier to access your SMS by Zapier account. If you’re happy to, enter your phone number and select if you’d like to confirm your account by SMS or call. Then click Send PIN.
17. A PIN will be sent to your phone number by SMS or call. Enter the PIN number and click Yes, Continue.
18. Click Continue.
19. Select the phone number you’d like the SMS to be sent from in the From Number dropdown. Phone numbers are provided by Zapier.
20. Decide what information you want to include in the SMS message and fill in the relevant details using text/data.
In our example, we’ll select Contact Share Url for a link to the responses.
21. Click Continue.
22. Click Test action. This will send a test SMS message to your phone number.
23. Check your SMS messages to confirm an SMS message has been sent and has all the relevant information. If everything’s working as expected, click Publish Zap.
Your Zap is all set up! Now every time you receive a response to your videoask, you’ll receive an SMS message with a link to view the responses. 🎉
✨ Check out some other popular workflows using VideoAsk and Zapier.