Take a to-do item off your list by setting up an automation to turn your videoask responses into cards on your Trello board. In this guide, we’ll walk you through how to set up this automation with Zapier.
If you’ve never used Trello before, it’s a work management tool to organize tasks and manage projects with your team. You can create cards for each task that needs to be done. Learn how you can get started with Trello here.
Every time someone responds to your videoask, it’ll automatically create a new card in your Trello board with a link to view their responses.
In our example below, we’ll create a new card in our Trello board when someone responds to our recruitment videoask. Our recruiters can go through the list of candidates in Trello to view their responses and manage the status of each candidate.
Before we get started, here’s what you’ll need to set up this workflow:
- A VideoAsk account
- A Trello account
- A Zapier account
Note: Free plans are available for these tools.
⚠️ Important: Before starting, make sure to set all interactions as shareable so people are able to view the responses.
1. From your VideoAsk account, select the videoask you would like to connect to Trello via Zapier.
2. Click the Connect to other apps icon.
3. Scroll down the list of integrations until you see Trello by Zapier. Click Connect.
4. Click Try this template.
5. If you’re not already logged in, you’ll be prompted to log into your Zapier account. If you’ve never used Zapier before, you can sign up for a free account.
6. Give your Zap a name in the top left corner. A Zap is the name Zapier uses to refer to an automated workflow.
7. Click the Trigger box.
8. Select the VideoAsk account where the videoask you want to connect is located, or click Connect a new account and follow the instructions.
9. Click Continue.
10. If you’re a team member in more than one VideoAsk Organization, choose the one where the videoask you want to connect is located.
11. Choose the videoask you’d like to connect to Trello (you can use the search bar instead of scrolling).
12. Click Continue.
13. Click Test trigger to check everything is working as expected so far.
14. If the test data looks accurate, click Continue.
15. In the Action box, choose or connect your Trello account. You’ll be prompted to log into your Trello account if you’re not already.
16. Click Continue.
17. Select the Trello Board and List where you’d like to create a new card with your videoask responses.
18. We’ll select Contact Name and Contact Email from the dropdown list in the Name field. If you’ve enabled a contact form in your videoask, you’ll be able to pull the respondent’s contact details to your Trello card.
19. In the Description field, we’ll select Contact Share Url. This is the link to view respondents' responses.
Decide on any other information you want to include in the description.
20. Decide what other information you’d like to include in your Trello card. Click Continue when you’re finished.
21. Click Test action. This will send an example card to Trello.
22. Check your Trello board to confirm a new card has been created and has all the relevant information. If everything’s working as expected, click Publish Zap.
Your Zap is all set up! Now every time you receive a response to your videoask, a new card will be created in your Trello board with the videoask response. 🎉
✨ Check out some other popular workflows using VideoAsk and Zapier.