Automatically create new contacts in VideoAsk when you get a new subscriber in Mailchimp. You can send them a personalized direct video message welcoming them as a new subscriber and start an asynchronous conversation in VideoAsk.
In this guide, we’ll be using Zapier to connect VideoAsk and Mailchimp, but you can also use this setup with any email marketing tool listed in Zapier’s app catalog. We’ll create a Zap from scratch, but don’t worry we’ll give you all the ingredients and steps to set up this integration.
Your Mailchimp subscribers who opted in before you set up the Zap won’t be added to your VideoAsk contact list. But you can add them manually to your VideoAsk contacts instead.
Note: Creating a contact in your VideoAsk account is the only Zap that triggers an action in VideoAsk when something happens in another app - like getting a new subscriber in Mailchimp.
All other VideoAsk Zaps trigger an action to happen in another app when an event happens in VideoAsk - like someone responding to your videoask.
Here’s what you’ll need to set up this automation:
- A VideoAsk account
- A Zapier account
- Mailchimp account
Note: Free plans are available for the tools listed above.
Looking for more ways to automate your workflow? Check out some of our most popular VideoAsk and Zapier flows.
1. From your Zapier account, click Create Zap.
2. Search for and select Mailchimp from the Zapier app catalog for the trigger event.
3. In the Event field, select New Subscriber.
4. Click Continue.
5. Click Sign in to log in to your Mailchimp account and connect it to Zapier.
6. A pop-up will appear to sign in. If you’ve never used Mailchimp before, you can sign up for a free account.
7. If this is your first time connecting Mailchimp with Zapier, a pop-up will appear asking if you authorize Zapier to connect with your Mailchimp account. If you’re happy to, click Allow.
8. In Zapier, click Continue.
9. In the Audience field, click the dropdown and select the Audience list you’d like to create contacts in VideoAsk from.
10. Click Continue.
11. Click Test Trigger.
12. If everything’s working as expected, click Continue.
13. Search for and select VideoAsk from the Zapier app catalog for the Action event.
14. In the Event field, select Create a Contact in VideoAsk (Recommended).
15. Click Continue.
16. Click Sign in to log in to your VideoAsk account and connect it to Zapier.
17. If you’re not already logged in to your VideoAsk account, a pop-up will appear, prompting you to log in.
18. Click Continue.
19. In the Organization Id field (required), enter your VideoAsk Organization Id.
You’ll find your VideoAsk Organization Id in the VideoAsk URL (the string of letters and numbers after organizations/) when you’re logged into your account, like below:
20. Copy your VideoAsk Organization Id and paste it into the Organization Id field in Zapier. Then delete the dashes from the Id.
21. Click the Name field for a dropdown list and select Merges FNAME and Merges LNAME for the contact name.
22. Click the Email (required) field and select Email from the dropdown list.
23. If you have a phone number for your contact, you can click in the Phone Number field and select Merge Fields PHONE. (This field is optional).
24. Click Continue.
25. Click Test action.
26. If everything’s working as expected, click Publish Zap.
Your Zap is all set up! 🎉 Now every time you receive a new subscriber in Mailchimp, a new contact will be created in VideoAsk.
💡Tip: Give your Zap a name in Zapier to help keep your Zaps organized.